I just found the above photo on my work computer. Lately, people seem to think Abbey looks like me, but I just don't see it. She's way cuter than I am!
I just got back from my first parent-teacher conference (for a two-year-old!). Abbey's teacher (Miss Liz) had some interesting stories to share. She said Abbey is the most verbal child in the class (shocker!) and one of the only ones who "uses her words" rather than hitting or biting. Way to go Abbey! Unfortunately, she's also the only child who consistently refuses to nap and still cries at drop off time.
Miss Liz also said that Abbey loves to make up very involved stories and songs. She never simply draws a picture, but instead makes up a whole story to go along with it or turns it into a song. Good to know she has a vivid imagination!
Miss Liz shared two funny Abbey stories that I wanted to post.
- Abbey's teachers had to put away the feather boas b/c the girls were picking the feathers out. Apparently a few feathers were sticking out of the cabinet this morning, which lead Abbey to ask "why is there a chicken in the cabinet?" (In all seriousness.)
- Miss Liz sometimes gets Abbey and her friend Katy confused and will call Abbey by the wrong name. When she does that, Abbey will call Liz "Miss Marcia" (the other teacher) as a punishment. LOL!
On a sad note, the Henderson's dog (Kody) passed away yesterday. He was nearly 14! He will definitely be missed! Abbey still calls him "cheese" b/c of the time, over a year ago, that he stole her piece of cheddar. At least we know she won't forget him! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment