Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Carnival Fun and a Trip to the Dentist






Scott's parents were able to visit for a week earlier this month and brought Abbey the above hula outfit from their trip to Kauai. We even taught her to do the hula. Sigh...it's pretty cute. They also had the chance to take her for her favorite treat...ice cream at Austin Scoops! That's what grandparents are for, right?

We took Abbey to her first carnival this weekend. I learned that my child is a total chicken!!! She must get that from her father, b/c I'll ride anything! Especially carnival rides, which offer the extra thrill of wondering whether the carnies were sober when they set the machines up. :)
We paid a small fortune for ride tickets, only to find that Abs would only go on the carousel and the baby train. And not even the horses on the carousel, but the bench!! I was dying!! My child? A chicken? In fact, we had to have them stop 2 rides in the middle b/c she got scared. Ugh. Disney doesn't bode well.

In other news...Yesterday was Abbey's first dentist appointment and it was great! I couldn't be more proud...or surprised. I took her to our adult dentist, but she is such a sweet lady and Abbey was totally comfortable with her. I even waited in the waiting room and read People! Maybe I should start taking her every Monday. :)

1 comment:

Tracy Robinson said...

an adult dentist is definetly better than a child dentist. hardy har har. i'm with abbey, a big fat chicken on carnival rides!