Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Is it my birthday yet?


Abbey's birthday is still over two weeks away, but we're hearing about it daily. She must ask for something new at least three times a day. She is sharing her birthday party this weekend with her friend Sienna, so I'm sure we'll have plenty of stories after that extravaganza. When did I turn into that mom with the pink bouncy castle and 20 kids in her yard on a Saturday afternoon? Good thing we're serving margaritas. I have to hand it to Abbey though, she seems to have inherited her grandpa Tom's ability to stretch out a birthday!

We've also been logging lots of time at the pool. We recently joined Lifetime Fitness (which I call the poor man's country club). This place is awesome! It has a huge gym, a spa, salon, cafe and two large pools-indoor and outdoor. Needless to say, we've been racking up the pool hours on my days off. Last Friday we swam for nearly 4 hours! Abbey even got the courage to go down the kiddie slide...once. She also befriended two little 5-year-old girls and took turns jumping into the pool with them. Too bad she forgot she can't swim and jumped in when I wasn't ready to catch her. Sigh. She learned pretty fast after that.

1 comment:

jcallaway said...

Hey - that's great! We are members of the same country club and we love it! On days we don't have school we are definitely there to give mamma a break. Hopefully this summer I can work up enough nerve to take all of the kids to the pool!