Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sea World





My friend Tracy took the above photos with a disposable camera at Sea World, so the quality isn't that great, but I love them b/c it shows how brave Abbey has gotten when it comes to the water. That kid will jump off of anything...sometimes when Mommy isn't watching! I think she really thinks she is Ariel from The Little Mermaid. (Need to work on that...)

Anyway, Sea World was a huge hit. We met my friends Tracy and Leigh Ann (and their families) for the day. It's about 90 minutes from our house, but is well worth the drive. Abbey's favorite was the Dolphin show, but she loved the Shamu show as well. (We adults amused ourselves by making fun of the whale tamers in their Shamu wetsuits. Now there's a fashion statement!) I'm proud to say we had 5 kids out in the heat for almosst 7 hours and not ONE meltdown. There's one for the Guiness Book.

In other news...Abbey continues to crack us up with the funny things she says. Here's an example of a conversation we had yesterday while she was playing with the dog, Leroy:

Abbey: Listen to my words Leroy. I'm going to read you a story, but you have to listen to my words. Ok?

Leroy: Briefly stops chewing on paw to look up.

Me: Abbey, it's time to stop playing with the dog and get ready for bed.

Abbey: Wellll, I can't do that right now mommy. You'll have to go to bed alone.

And here is quite possibly my favorites from dinner one night, courtesy of Scott's unfiltered mouth of course. :)

Scott: I'm so hungry I could eat the ass out of a cow. (Lovely baseball slang)

Abbey: And I'm so hungry I could eat the ass out of a princess! (Beaming at how clever she is)

3 comments:

Tracy Robinson said...

LOL!!! Sea World was SOOOOOOOOO fun, we have to do it every year!! I love the Abbey-isms!!

Unknown said...

I found a typo!!!

Alicia's Mom said...

Laughed out loud !!!! Ohhhh, Abbey