Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our Trip to Florence






We're back from our final trip before the new baby arrives. Man, we've done a lot of traveling in the past three months. I counted and it's been 10 flights since October! Luckily, we've been blessed with a good little traveler in Abbey (although we did have some tears from both mommy and Abbey when the DVD player went dead in the midst of a 5-hour flight to Portland. Yes, I resorted to Benadryl. Hey, we all survived it as kids!)

Ken and Suzanne's new home on Lake Woahink in coastal Oregon is beautiful! It's like something out of a postcard. Abbey had a great time looking for Bambi in the woods each day, and we even made a trip up the coast to the Newport Aquarium, which was a big hit. Abbey has now been to a total of 11 states in just over three years (if you count plane changes in Utah and Colorado, which I do).

In other news, Abs seems to have accepted the fact that she is getting a baby brother rather than a sister to torment...I mean love. She's very excited and says she is going to teach the baby to sleep. Ummm, I don't want that kid teaching our new, impressionable baby anything about sleep! While we love Abbey dearly, we're seriously hoping that the new baby will actually sleep more than a few hours at a stretch by the time he is three. :) Any good vibes you all want to send this way would be greatly appreciated!

As you can see in the above picture, Abbey is still very much into all things princess. Scott and I are so confused as to who she is role playing each day, and more importantly, who we're supposed to be role playing. I'm usually the cruel step-mother (does that tell you anything?!) and Scott gets to be Prince Charming. Abbey is pretty forward, and asks Prince C for his hand in marriage at least 10 times a day. She usually follows up this request by leaning in for a kiss, with eyes closed and all. Good Lord! That doesn't bode well for the college years!

2 comments:

Alicia's Mom said...

Love the picture of Suzanne & Abbey sleeping...

Tracy Robinson said...

ok, good to know my kids aren't the only insomniacs. i am up like 3 times a night because they wake up screaming for mommy!

i cant WAIT for the new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(is that enough exclamation points? do you get the point? do you feel my excitement??)