We had a really nice, but busy Easter weekend here in Austin. Scott's sister Holly and her fiance Steve were in town for the weekend, which was really nice. We were even able to sneak away on Saturday night for some adult fun. We met the owner of the Broken Spoke, which is a landmark honky-tonk bar in Austin (I cannot believe I just used the word "honky tonk!") Anyway, James White (owner) and his wife are in their late 60s and they are a riot! Scott even ended up buying the owner's wife a beer...at her own bar. :)
Some of us (me) got up early and went to church on Easter morning while others slept in. Actually, it worked out for the best b/c we hosted about 15 adults and 5 kids at our house for an Easter brunch. Abbey's best friends Paige and Sienna came over with their families for an egg hunt, which was a blast! I didn't think the girls would be too into the egg hunting for long, but they surprised all of us by asking to find more eggs.
Abbey enjoyed the hunt, but declared that the raisin-filled ones were "boooor-ing." Hmph. She and the other girls vastly preferred the M&M filled ones. Go figure.
**Sidenote-I have some other cute Easter pics, but I didn't post them b/c Paige and Sienna are also in them (I don't post pictures of other people's kids out of respect for their privacy). However, I'll try to get them on Snapfish and out to close friends and family soon!
1 comment:
OK, think I know how to leave a somment now. The picture of Abbey is darling. Grandma
Post a Comment