I found this old photo while playing on the Mac. I think it's Abbey's first try at making sugar cookies. Ummm, what a disaster. In typical Abbey fashion, she wouldn't let me help her at all. But it was fun while it lasted!We had yet another visit with the pediatrician on Friday for Abbey’s nonstop constipation. Yes, they actually know us by name when we call. Anyway, the ped admitted that she’s not sure what the deal is, given that she’s tried all of her normal remedies and nothing is working. So, she sent us over to the hospital for an abdominal x-ray to rule out any blockage. Abbey was a real trooper for the x-ray (and the book I bought her at the hospital gift shop didn’t hurt either).
Thankfully, the x-ray came back clear. Soooo…the next step is to take her to a pediatric gastro surgeon to see if there is some neurological problem with her colon. Apparently this can be determined through some in-office tests. If there is a problem, then she’ll need a minor surgery to fix it. We really like our pediatrician, so hopefully the surgeon will be just as nice and this won’t be too traumatic for Abbey.
On a happier note, Abbey’s addiction to Pottery Barn Kids is in full force (or, as she calls it, the parry barns). She just loves to go in there and play with all of the goodies, which is funny since we have half the store at home. She had the following one-sided conversation with her best friend Paige yesterday on the play phone at PBK.
Hi Paige? It’s me, Abbey.
Pause
Yeah, I’m hanging out at the Pottery Barns. Wanna come play with me?
Pause
Oh, you’re at school? Wanna come over after school?
Pause
Ok, well my mommy wants to talk to your mommy.
I was cracking up. Her love of the phone doesn’t bode well for the teenage years.
Pause
Yeah, I’m hanging out at the Pottery Barns. Wanna come play with me?
Pause
Oh, you’re at school? Wanna come over after school?
Pause
Ok, well my mommy wants to talk to your mommy.
I was cracking up. Her love of the phone doesn’t bode well for the teenage years.
1 comment:
oh! i hope she is ok... you guys are in my thoughts and prayers! i love the PBK... my kids go in there and trash it, i always hide my face when walking/running out of there!
Post a Comment