Thursday, March 13, 2008



This is the first post in our new blog, Henderson Happenings (or--more accurately--Abbey's life and the funny things she does). I must admit, I wouldn't have started it if it weren't for the loving harrassment of my friends.


Abbey is doing well, despite her poop issues. (A friend asked me the other day if I feel too young a hip to have a life that revolves around poop.) Abbey is still on the Miralax and seems to be quite constipated when we take her off, so it looks like we'll need to have some tests done at the children's hospital in a few weeks. Luckily, I volunteer there every Sunday night (through Junior League), so I know the lay of the land.


In happier news, Abbey continues to amuse us on a daily basis. Here's a brief overview of some of her more recent antics:


  • Abbey is big on telling us what's "fair" in her mind. The other day she told us: "Daddy, you get me dressed and mommy will change my diaper. That's fair." If she finds something that is "not fair," she'll ask you to make her a deal. As in, "make me a deal dad. I'm not ready for bed."

  • One of Abbey's least favorite things is when I wipe at her eyes in the morning. The other day she was playing with her dolls and said "I know baby, this will only take a minute. I have to get your eye boogers." Then she jabbed repeatedly at the baby's eyes. Man...I wonder if I'm that harsh?!

  • If something isn't going her way, she'll often say "I'm freaking out Mom!"

  • Abbey is still talking about the "boom crash" at Elmo Live from 3 weeks ago. They had some fireworks at the end that really scared her (and me too for that matter!). The other day she said, "I need to talk about it mom. Maybe I will write about it." Then she took out a piece of paper and a pen and said (while pretending to write) "There was a loud crash at the Elmo Show. It scared me." LOL!

  • We went to Lowe's this past weekend to get some plants. When we pulled into the parking lot, Abbey said "No! I want to go to Home Depot, not Lowe's!" WTH? I think it's hilarious that she has an opinion on home improvement stores (tells you how much we go!). We did end up going to HD, just b/c it was so funny...and they have free popcorn. :)

  • Abbey is now "Daphne." As in, Daphne from Scooby Doo. Even worse, I am Velma and Scott is Shaggy (he actually is growing some facial hair!) Not surprisingly, Leroy Brown is Scooby. It's amazing how with it she is. If you "slip" and call her Abbey, she'll correct you....every single time. She never misses. Today at HD she was shouting, "Shaggy!!! Where are you? Let's look for a clue!"

  • Abbey made up a 5-minute story last week about the Easter bunny. My mom and I tried to get her to pose with the one at the mall to no avial (she was shaking in fright and "looking for a place to hide"). That night, she told Scott his animated story about how the Easter bunny "sprung out of the little garden" and ran to the car and chased her. My mom and I were in tears. I love her imagination.

I guess that's it for now. We'll see how this blogging thing goes. :)

2 comments:

Tracy Robinson said...

i LOVE it! Keep those posts coming! She is a RIOT, just like her mummy!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in "Abbey's blog. I read them all and she is absolutely adorable. I must share this with Monica and Marissa and Scott. You will have memories for a life time.

Lots of Love, Mrs. Westra