Monday, April 14, 2008

Dance Class



Abbey started dance class at her school this week. She was SOOOO excited. She's actually been begging me to enroll her for quite some time now. It's funny b/c I try not to push my own interests as a child on to her, but she's turning out just like me anyway. :) Anyway, I did take a quick peek into her class as I was leaving for work and she was having a wonderful time; waving to all of her new classmates and introducing herself.

Unfortunately, now that she's had one whole dance class under her belt, she thinks she's an expert on the world of dance. She has us practice with her at home and routinely tells us what we're doing wrong. (Never mind that her mom has 10+ years of dance behind her!) She also tells us how happy her dance teacher, Miss Becky, is to have her in the class. Hah! Vain much?

On a different topic, here's a quick story from this weekend. Abbey and Scott were having breakfast yesterday morning. Abbey was appartenly trying to tell Scott something, but her mouth was full and he couldn't understand her. The following conversation followed:

Abbey: Mwah, blah , moiuer (full mouth)

Scott: What Abbey? I can't understand you.

Abbey: (puts her head in her hands and sighs) Ugh...how can I explain this Dad?

Hah! She is quite the piece of work!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Man, she's freakin cute!!!!

Alicia's Mom said...

Ohhhh, isn't she something?!?!? I tried to do the same thing with you - not impose my interests. Guess its genetic (in more ways than we know).