Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our Amazing Vacation













Abbey is finally three! As you can see in the above pictures, we had a great time visiting family in Miami and meeting the princesses at Disney World. Amazingly, we were blessed with beautiful weather the whole 11 days we were there (although it was pretty hot and humid, but that's what you get in Florida in late May!).


As usual, Abbey was a good girl on the plane. Long live the portable DVD player and Strawberry Shortcake! (Although you have not truly lived until you've changed a Miralax-induced diaper in an airplane bathroom. Wow. I think the whole plane heard that little episode.) When we landed, Abbey ran into her grandma's arms and promtly told her that she had seen daddy in the bathroom that morning and he had a long thing to pee with. Welcome to the brutally honest world of a toddler Grandma K! (Note to self--no more family bathroom time.)


As you can see in the above pictures, Abbey spent a lot of time in my parents pool and at what she refers to as grandma's beach and grandma's ocean. I think she thanked grandma more than once for such a beautiful ocean, lol! She also loves spending time with her cousins (who are actually my first cousins, but just try to explain that to a 3-year-old!). Unfortunately, we have returned home with a child who is spoiled rotten. I'm sure we'll spend the summer repairing the damage that was done by catering to her every whim for nearly 2 weeks. :)


A big thanks to my family for making our vacation the absolute best! It was so good to see everyone and relax for a while. It was also great to see my Aunt Tina's good friend Carol and her daughter Ariel...we had quite a funny night with Carrie on South Beach.


Disney World deserves it's own separate post...complete with my husband's little comments on who should and should not be allowed to visit the Magic Kingdom. But, that will have to wait a day or two. :)

2 comments:

Tracy Robinson said...

Oh, I am LMAO about BOTH bathroom episodes you described!

jcallaway said...

OMG! How embarassing!! I think that is hilarious! My girls laugh when they see it and try to pull it! Yeah-I think it is time to seperate! :)