Monday, August 18, 2008

Surprise...An Update!

Things have been crazy around here this summer, but I wanted to jot down a few of Abbey's recent funnies. That kid keeps us in stitches I tell ya! Here's a recent conversation she had with my mom, which tells you a lot about how things go in our home.

Abbey: Let's go outside Gramma and you can push me on the swing.
Mom: We can go out Abbey, but I'm not pushing you on the swing right now.
Abbey: Why?
Mom: Because I'm tired and it's not always about Abbey (hah!)
Abbey: Of course it's not about Abbey. I'm Cinderella....and it's all about Cinderella.

Abbey is also fascinated with letters and wants to know what everyone's name starts with. Apparently we are all divided into teams based on the first letter of our name. Abs and I are both on the A Team, along with Ariel the mermaid, Ashley the babysitter and Anastasia (the cruel step-sister from Cinderella). Being on the same team apparently allows me several special privileges, such as getting her morning snack and cuddling her during Curious George. Lucky me!

The other thing we've noticed is that three-year-olds keep no secrets (remember this!!).  I wasn't feeling well last week and took Abbey to preschool in my pj's. Now, this isn't quite as bad as it sounds b/c my pajamas were just an old tee shirt and athletic shorts. Still, Abbey thought it was soooo funny that mommy was venturing out of the house in her pj's. So funny in fact, that she told her teachers and classmates while I was dropping her off! Nice. Thanks Abs.


1 comment:

Tracy Robinson said...

dude, the A team is awesome! Mr. T RULES.