I usually don't post stories without pictures, but this one was too cute to resist. The latest drama in our house has been Scott's sister's upcoming wedding, wherein Abbey will be the flower girl. Holly and I decided that Abbey should wear a chocolate brown dress to match the two bridesmaids. And really, what's cuter than a little girl in a puffy chocolate brown dress? The only problem was that Abbey was not into the idea of a chocolate brown dress. There were many tears and even a family conference call on how to handle the situation, b/c (as we all know) Abs can be pretty obstinate when she so chooses.
In the end, we decided to go ahead with the dress and I found a wonderful dress maker to custom make a dress for Abbey. We spent a lot of time hyping up how wonderful the chocolate dress would be. A lot of time. But little miss still didn't seem to be buying in and told me so quite often.
I learned this weekend that I could have avoided this whole drama if I had been a little more clear. As we drove to pick the dress up on Saturday, Abbey told me in a tear-filled voice that she didn't want a chocolate dress b/c she was afraid it would melt. Aww! The poor thing thought that the dress was going to be made of actual chocolate! Once I assured her that it was a real dress, just chocolate in color, she was fine. And she loves the dress.
Lesson learned: 3-year-olds are quite literal!
2 comments:
Precious!
oh my gosh. what a cute story!!!! she looks completely adorable in it! i love it!!
Post a Comment