Thursday, January 29, 2009

Does Abbey Read the Blog?

I'm probably jinxing us by posting this, but Abbey has actually spent the last four nights all alone in her bed without waking us up! Miracle! Maybe she read the blog and got embarassed. :)Either way, she is very proud of herself. I wish I could credit Scott and myself for this change, but I really think it was a case of Abbey deciding that it was time. This is the same child who gave up the pacifier on her own (after quite the serious addiction) and decided one day to become potty-trained. Why should sleeping in her own bed be any different?

It's just too bad her mom isn't sleeping through the night. Pregnancy insomnia is cruel and unusual punishment. Some say it's preparation for getting up with a newborn. Hah! By the time you have a newborn, you don't even have insomnia b/c you're not as big as a house anymore and can once again sleep on your stomach. If I had a tenth of the energy during the day that I have at 4am, I'd be the next Martha Stewart!

No comments: