Those of you who frequent Facebook have probably noticed (or participated in) the 25 Random Things memo that is going around. The premise is simple...a friend tags you and then you list 25 random things about yourself. It's really interesting reading and is a great way to get to know even your close friends better (I did not know, for instance, that Tracy cannot nap. Seriously? How sad!)
Anyway, let's be honest...you're not really checking the blog to learn 25 random things about me, so I thought I would write 25 random things about our Abbey before I forget this wonderful and challenging age. Plus, it will be fun to show her (and whomever she is dating) in about 20 years.
1. The child simply cannot sleep if she thinks she may be missing out on something. Nurses even commented on this in the hospital when she was born. Yeah, that's something every new mom wants to hear.
2. When Abbey was born, her feet were so big that random hospital employees would stop by to see them. I already knew they were big, as they had been in my ribs for several weeks.
3. Abbey loves her tubby more than just about anything. Sometimes it's hard to get her in, but once she is in, she doesn't want to get out. Sometimes we put her in on a Saturday just b/c she's in the mood to splash and play. It's our poor man's pool.
4. In regards to #3...she is terrified of strange tubs. Bathing her away from home is some form of torture for everyone involved.
5. Abs calls all nighties a Lady. Not sure where this started, but it sure is cute.
6. Much like her mother, Abbey is not a huge fan of talking on the phone. I feel so sorry for her grandparents!
7. When this child sets her mind to do something...watch out! This can be good or bad, like ditching the paci on her own or deciding that she doesn't want to get dressed. Lord, grant me patience and the ability to use this trait to my advantage!
8. Abbey LOVES sour cream. Scott once took her to dinner alone and an elderly couple stopped by their table to say how cute it was that a little girl was having ice cream with her daddy. Scott had to tell them that she was actually eating sour cream.
9. Abbey loves to refer to people by their appropriate title, such as your husband (her father) or my best friend. I often have to tell people that, yes, my husband is her daddy!
10. This child has a love for princesses that is unrivaled. All princesses, all the time. We love her dearly, but Scott and I are so sick of playing Prince Charming or Lady Tremaine.
11. Amazingly enough, Abs can be quite shy at times.
12. She is the cuddliest child ever. We love it! She'll often tell me that she needs a good cuddle before leaving for school in the morning.
13. Cheese. She could live on it. It's game on now that she knows how to open the fridge.
14. Abbey loves her dance class and her teacher tells us she's actually quite good, but you already know this from watching the Recital of the Year on You Tube. :)
15. The child has a memory like none other. Seriously, don't make her mad. She still remembers the fact that Grammy and Papa's dog stole her cheese...2 years ago!
16. Abbey no longer wants to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. In her words, it's for little kids.
17. While we think she might be pretty smart, she has NO interest whatsoever in numbers (and letters to a lesser extent). I think the only reason she has learned her letters so well is through peer pressure at school. She even told us numbers were boring.
18. I've given up on trying to get her to wear normal clothing. (Many of you are quite familiar with the beautiful dress...)
19. Abbey LOVES her preschool teachers. She often pretends to be one of them and let me tell you--she is one bossy teacher!
20. She is very gentle and sweet with animals and babies.
21. For a few months, she wanted to be a Lepidopterist, and even knew what one was (thanks to Dr. Suess). FYI, it's a person who catches and cares for butterflies. I didn't know either.
22. She loves to sing. Her favorite songs include Cold Play's Viva la Vida, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and Stayin' Alive (complete with dance moves).
23. I'm not sure where she gets this from, but she's a party animal. I think she danced every single dance at her cousin Lindsay's wedding and at Aunt Holly's as well. (She can't possibly get that from her mother...)
24. She's an awesome traveler (and has probably flown more than most adults due to our scattered family).
25. Abbey is funny, smart and loving. We can't wait to see who she grows up to be.
2 comments:
i love this! tell ms. abs i could live on cheese too. mmmmmmmmmm.
This is GREAT! I laughed out loud when I read # 8. And what's up with none of liking to talk on the phone anymore? I know I hate it now too!!!
Post a Comment