Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Abbey...for a change






Most of our posts lately are about Curren. Probably b/c he's brand new (and really stinkin' cute). But I thought I'd mix it up with a post about what Abs is up to these days. The above pictures were taken before the Daddy Daughter Charity Dance that she went to over Mother's Day weekend. There is an organization, Wonders and Worries, that cares for children with sick parents. Scott and Abbey attended their fundraiser (the dance) with Abbey's best friend Paige and her dad Karl. And the girls had quite the time, as you can see!

I must admit, I would love my child no matter what her personality was like, but I am so thrilled that God has blessed me with the girliest girl around! I had SO much fun doing her hair and getting her ready for the dance. I even put on a little nude eyeshadow, painted her nails and gave her a spritz of perfume and lip gloss. (Some of you may be thinking she's a little young for that, but my mom started tarting me up at a young age and I turned out ok, hehe). She kept saying "I'm getting ready for the royal ball!"

The ball was a big hit with Abs, as they had "Cinderella's glass slipper" available to try on. (Abbey didn't want to try it on b/c she was afraid it would be too big, but Scott said she followed it around all night.) After the dance, the girls and their daddies went to a fancy schmancy restaurant for a steak dinner. Scott said they were on their best behavior, in the little tiaras they got at the ball. I'm so glad they had a good time together while doing something for this wonderful organization.

The day after the dance was mother's day, and I took Abbey to see Cinderella at the Austin Ballet. It was amazing! It held her attention the whole time (2 plus hours), although she was a little confused as to why the costumes were different and there was no talking. In fact, when Cinderella took the stage, Abs practically yelled out "Cinderella! It's me, Abbey!" I'm sure the 1,000 other people there got a kick out of that as well. :) The only drawback was the fact that she was NOT amused when it was over. We're talking snot, drool, tears...she even fell down the stairs as we left. Geez. Drama much? I have no idea where she gets that from! :)

And lastly, Abbey is continuing her weirdo psychic streak. Many of you know that she often reads my mind, but she pulled a really neat trick out the other day at the pool. She was jumping into my arms and yelled out "It's 20 days until my birthday!" I thought to myself that she was right...it was May 9th. I asked her if Daddy had told her that, and she said innocently "No, God told me this morning." Hmph. I figured she was being silly, but Scott swears he didn't tell her. Now that's amazing! Scott is already wondering if we can make some money off of her powers...

2 comments:

jcallaway said...

So sweet! And, I love the skirt. We have those too and the girls love to twirl in them.

Brian Rebecek said...

"(Some of you may be thinking she's a little young for that, but my mom started tarting me up at a young age and I turned out ok, hehe)." I think that is debatable. :)