



As of May 29th, Abbey is a four-year-old. Sniff, sniff. Maybe it's b/c we have a newborn in the house, but she sees huge to us now, and so grown up. She can swim. She can (and does) open the fridge and get her own snacks (unlimited cheese!!). She even tried to change Curren's diaper by herself last week (note to self: don't leave kids unattended anymore!). But she does still love to cuddle, hold hands, and hear stories about Scott and I when we were young.
We had her party on a Sunday afternoon, complete with bounce house and 90 degree weather. The kids were so overheated, but seemed to have a great time. Abbey, however, nearly had to go to time out for refusing to share the swings. Weirdo--we have 2 swings on her playset and she can use them any time. And why would you want to swing when there's a huge, obnoxious pink and purple castle bouncehouse in your yard? The novelty of the bounce house was totally lost on Abs this year, as I found her inside jumping on our couch half way through the party. She also fell down and skinned her palm on the deck and is STILL talking about how she cried at her own party. Drama mama!
Speaking of drama--Abs has taken to calling Curren the "Drama King." I think this is pretty funny, given that we call her the "Drama Queen." And here's something else I think is pretty funny, although Scott probably doesn't agree.:) A little conversation I overheard last night:
Abbey: Daddy, can I watch some TV before dinner
Scott: I think so, you've had a busy day. Go ahead and rest.
Abbey: Ok, I'll go ask mommy if it's ok.
Scott: You don't have to ask mommy, I said it's fine.
Abbey: Well, yeah, I do need to ask mommy. She's the boss of the house.
Amen sister! If only she'll remember that at 14!
No comments:
Post a Comment