Friday, July 24, 2009

Dr. Abbey

I took Abs to the doctor today b/c she looked like she had a horrible spider bite on her face. It was swollen like a golf ball and purple around the edges. Not good. Plus, last night she came home from school with tons of mosquito bites (or so I thought) and hives that turned into welts.

I thought she was just allergic to bites like I am, but it turns out that she has some weird rash with a long name that I cannot recall. Even better, she'll have it for at least a few weeks, and it's made worse by heat. Great...considering it's 105 here, in the shade.

Here's the conversation that ensued:

Abbey: Good thing we went to the doctor about my horrible bug bites. I knew it was a spider! I was at school and suddenly, I felt "creep, creep, creep" on my leg, and it was a spider!

Me: Well, actually, Dr. Patil said it wasn't a spider. She said it's a rash, sweetie.

Abbey: (Pause) Well, she's wrong.

LOL! Is she a doctor? Apparently so. No surprise, since my mom has played doctor with me all her life! :)

Her little brother seems to be more mellow, although just as stubborn. He has mastered rolling from back to front, but cannot quite get his arms out from under him. And man does that tick him off! He's also really mad that he cannot get his mobile into his mouth, like everything else he gets his hands on. Ahhh, but he's so cute. Pictures to come, I promise!

No comments: