Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Girls' Weekend




What's that old saying about the importance of girlfriends? I forget, but whatever it is, it's true! I just spent the last weekend with my nearest and dearest friends on the river in New Braunfels, Texas--a little tourist town that is perfect for drinking, floating the Comal River and laughing until you cry.

We noticed a few things about this weekend:
--Unlike when we floated the river as 20-somethings, we are now quite responsible (read: boring). Our coolers have as much bottled water as beer, and we religiously reapplied our sunscreen every hour.
--I think we're all secretly little boys in women's bodies, as we spent WAY too much time talking about gross things that boys talk about. Potty humor is still funny at 33 apparently.
--We love our kids dearly. While we had a wonderful time, we also cleared out pretty early on Sunday morning to get back to our little ones (and our husbands too!). Just the sight of a baby nearly reduced me to tears!
--We can't remember anything we learned in our college classes, but we sure remember all the words to "Ditty" and "The Humpy Dance." Sorry mom and dad!
--This year's trip was WAY more fun than last year's, wherein I was 6 weeks pregnant and trying to hide it (unsuccessfully--barfing and a green appearance gave it away.)

Speaking of pregnancy, Curren had his 4-month well check today. He weighed in at 16 pounds and is 26 inches long, which puts him in the 75th percentile for weight and the 90th for height (about the same as Abbey was at that age). His head circumference escapes me, but it was in the 50th percentile. He impressed the doctor with how strong he is and his ability to track objects. Plus, he flirted with her quite a bit, which always scores points. :)

Abbey is still cracking us up, and was a big help to Scott while I was away for the weekend. I'll leave you with a little story she told us the other day in bed...

Me: Tell us a story Abbey

Abbey: Ok. Once there was a little girl, and her name was Kick Ass!

Scott and I about died laughing. Kids are great!

1 comment:

Tracy Robinson said...

OMG, I want to meet the little girl named Kick Ass!

OK, love what you wrote about girls weekend. i might steal the verbiage for my own blog. Plagiarism at its best!