
Lots of news here. Curren had solids for the first time last week. And by solids, I mean a goo that is roughly the color and consistency of something that my cat Minx would cough up after a day in the yard. :) But he seemed to like it. So much in fact that he was grabbing the spoon and trying to feed himself on the first feeding! I know for sure Abbey didn't do that until much later on, so he is either a chow hound or really coordinated (maybe both). After the first feeding he thought he was hot stuff and tried to give himself his reflux medicine too. Crazy boy!
I started with rice cereal and moved on to cereal mixed with sweet potatoes this week (that was Abbey's first as well). The idea was that it would help him to sleep better at night, but we've had mixed reviews. Sigh. I'm not going to fight the sleep battle until we return from Miami next week, as I am sure that trip will send everyone's sleep into a tailspin anyway.
The other news is that Abbey has stolen my man. As you can see from the photos above, she married my husband last weekend. Scott even got out his old tux from high school choir...I'm not sure which is funnier--the fact that he still has a tux, or that he admits to being in choir. At any rate, he looked quite handsome and won big points as the best dad ever. Abbey, of course, was a beautiful bride. I was relegated to bridesmaid, but I gave a wonderful toast at dinner, telling Abbey that she landed a great guy. I ought to know!
So tomorrow I am headed to Miami, alone, with both kids. Yeah. I pity the fools who are in row 18 with us. However, the trip is still a surprise for Abbey. She won't know until I pick her up from school tomorrow and Scott drops us off. Hopefully it will be a happy memory for her for ages to come. In case it's not...I have the Benadryl packed and ready in my carry on. :)
1 comment:
LMFAO about the tux!!
have fun in miami! so jealous!!!
Post a Comment