Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Hell To Get Old.

I'm old. It's time to face the facts.

Scott and I had a date night tonight at one of those movie theaters where you can eat dinner and drink during the show. We saw a "quote along" of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It was really fun. That is until we got home (at a whopping 8:15pm)and told our cute little babysitter about our night. Yeah. She had never even heard of Ferris Bueller's Day Off! Her face was about as blank as the kids in the high school class when Ben Stein is saying "Bueller? Bueller?" And no, she's not dumb (headed to Duke next week) or tragically un-hip (her purse collection rivals mine). She's just not old like we are. Hell, she wasn't even BORN when the movie came out!

So, for all of my friends who, like me, think you're still young and cool: Don't. You're not. We may still shop at Forever 21, but we are definitely NOT young anymore. Sniff, sniff.

The good news is that there are some definite rewards to being "old" with kids. I was greeted with huge smiles from both kids when we got home, and the sitter said that Abbey went on and on about how pretty I looked when I left and how she loved my outfit. And hey, we may have gotten home from our big Saturday night when the sun was still up, but at least we won't be hungover in the morning! :)

2 comments:

Alicia's Mom said...

You are not OLD honey, ---just boring...

Unknown said...

we're not boring. we're super cool!!!