






I have decided that Halloween should be on a Saturday every year. Despite the look on Curren's face, we had a great time at our friends' block party and trick-or-treating until way after dark. A few highlights:
--Curren was the world's cutest pirate. Ok, so he looks a little like Napoleon, but he's still cute. Due to his recovering illness, he went home before trick-or-treating to avoid the cold (and watch the USC game with Pappa Ken and Daddy).
--Scott and I were pirates as well. We noticed that most of the parents we saw this year were dressed up also (including one mom who was a dirty nurse...not sure about that, but whatever!). It was way fun to let out the kid in us again, and Abbey thought it was a hoot.
--Abbey got to wear her "Clara from the Nutcracker" costume three times (not counting the zillion times she wore it at home). She was so excited each time someone actually recognized who she was.
--This was the biggest year for Abs in terms of loot. By the end of the night, her bag was so full that I had to carry it. She even admitted she was tired...something we've never heard before and will likely never hear again. Still, that didn't keep her from stopping at every house. She was leading the pack most of the time, and even fell on the ground in her haste. She scraped her palms and spilled all of her candy, but as she said "I was just in such a hurry to get to the next house."
--Both kids are having a great time with Scott's parents, and Scott and I are more than happy to share them! They even had Abbey to themselves for a night while Scott and I stayed at a nice hotel downtown. Unfortunately, Curren crashed our party and spent the night with us, seeing as he was still sick and waking every hour.
--Update on Curren: After a triad of swine flu, a trip to the ER for a 104 fever and severe croup, he now seems to be on the mend. We've had many rough nights and are hoping the worst is behind us. Our poor baby!!!
1 comment:
Ahh man! I can't believe I missed the dirty nurse costume!!!!
Post a Comment