Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving




There aren't many places where you can spend your Thanksgiving holiday on the beach. Abbey and I think it's great. In fact, we were in the ocean with my mom for over an hour on Turkey Day morning. My husband and son, however, disagree. Curren howled when I put his little feet in the ocean, and Scott remarked that he wished my family still lived in Toledo. What?!?!?! He's obviously never been. :)

Abbey had a great time playing with her cousins Richie (age 5) and Cole (age 3). It reminded me of how Carrie and Richie and I used to play together as kids. Abbey also went to school with Auntie Carrie and helped her teach art to her preschool students. She thought she was HOT stuff. Well, I guess she is. :)

Here's a recent conversation with Abs that was pretty funny:

Me: Isn't Curren lucky? He doesn't have to comb his hair when he gets out of the tub. (Abbey HATES this)

Abbey: No! He isn't lucky! When he gets older, he'll have to mow the grass!

True, but for real, where does she get this stuff?!?!

In other news, it looks like Christmas threw up in our house, as there are decorations everywhere. Quite literally, since Abbey takes ornaments off the tree at random. We also have added to our life-size reindeer collection, so there are now 4 of them roaming about. This is quite a bit of work, since Abbey believes that the move about and eat oats when she is at school or sleeping. It's getting hard to remember to move them all around and it's only December 1st! It's all just part of the Magic of Christmas I guess.

No comments: