Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This Just In...Abbey is really funny!

Ok, so most of you already know that Abs is a pretty funny kid, but she’s really had us in stitches lately. Last Monday we had the following conversation in our home as I was cleaning the dinner table:

Me (to Scott): Tomorrow is a big day.

Abbey: Why is it a big day mommy?

Scott: Well Abbey, tomorrow we're going to elect a new president for our country. If a man named Barack Obama wins, it will be very historic b/c we've never had a president who didn't look like mommy and daddy before.

Abbey: Does he look like my teacher Miss M? (who is African American)

Me: Yes! He does! And that's very exciting b/c we've never had a president who looks like Miss M before.

Abbey: What's the president?

Me: Kind of like the boss of our country. Won't that be exciting to have someone new as our boss?

Abbey: (Pause) Yeah...but he's not going to be the boss of me! (LOL, isn't that the truth?!)

And here's what she said last night about the baby.

Scott: How's the baby?

Me: He or she is good. Lots of thumping around in there.

Abbey: Remember when he kicked you really hard on Halloween?

Me: Yes, I do. Ouch!

Abbey: When I was in the mommy condo, I was a nice baby. I never kicked or poked you.

Me: (Laughing) Oh yes you did! All the time!

Abbey: Not like this baby. I was nice (patting my stomach)

Hah! Sibling rivalry already!

1 comment:

Tracy Robinson said...

i LOVE this age... they say the FUNNIEST things!!