Thursday, February 12, 2009

Almost Time



I'll never get tired of taking or posting these pictures of Abbey kissing my belly. Yes, it was posed. She was actually whining can I stop kissing your belly now? But I am hoping that we won't remember that in 25 years, and her brother never has to know. Besides, she really does kiss him without being asked. Sometimes.

We're under the four week mark now. Crazy how time flies! Everyone keeps asking how I am feeling, so I'll tell you. :) I feel ok. I don't feel that huge. I'm not sick of being pregnant yet (amazingly enough). The only issue is that I can't sleep and I'm a little queasy, and that's annoying. But it's nothing in comparison to the hell of the first trimester, so I'm not complaining. Well, I'm trying hard not to complain too much. :)

I asked the doctor last week if he thought I was growing a huge baby (since the 20-week ultrasound showed that our little guy was measuring almost 3 weeks ahead!). The doctor said I actually look a little small for 36 weeks (love him!), but he thinks it's b/c baby is so low. I told him that I carried Abbey very low also, but that it didn't help me a bit in the labor department (hello...17 hours!). The doctor said this one will be easier b/c it's a boy, and boys always do what their mommies say. We'll see. At any rate, we're having an ultrasound next week to check his size.

The baby's room is mostly done, thanks to Scott and my amazing designer/cousin Carrie. I'll have to post some pictures of it soon b/c it came out really well...not that he'll be sleeping in there if he's anything like his sister!

Just one sweet post about Abbey. We took a family walk the other night and she was picking flowers and blowing the petals off. We told her to make a wish and she said she wished to be with her family always. Ah! She followed up by telling Scott that he was the handsomest daddy in the world. How can you not love being a parent when you hear things like that?

2 comments:

Tracy Robinson said...

ok loving that last little line from abs. so sweet.

i cant wait to see pix from the room, i bet its so awesome. post some please!

jcallaway said...

Love the belly shot - so sweet. I'm so excited for you guys Alicia!