Friday, March 27, 2009

Sleep Woes...Or Lack Thereof

So I definitely jinxed myself by saying that things were going well in the sleep department. Whereas Curren was sleeping 3-4 hours in his crib when he first came home, he is now waking every hour to 90 minutes to eat. Yeah. And he's really eating, not snacking. Here's how I know--he gained a whopping 10 ounces in 4 days. The pediatrician said they like to see newborns gain an ounce a day, so he nearly tripled the norm. Apparently that's kind of common for babies who were not getting enough nutrition in the womb. Lucky me! :)

The good news is that he can still sleep through anything. As I write this, Abbey is pitching a Level 5 fit b/c Scott put her in time out and Curren is sleeping in his bouncy about 3 feet away. Man...I wish I could sleep like that! For real.

Abbey is doing well overall. We're having some issues with not listening, but that's nothing new. It's just intensified a little. I think it's frustrating to her that she has to wait longer for things now. Like the fact that I can't fix her hair while I'm feeding Curren, etc. It's a learning curve for all of us I guess.

Today was my first day home alone with both kids and we're still here. Granted, the dog had diarrhea all over the downstairs (conveniently on the carpet), the carpet cleaners came, we had to leave playgroup early b/c of a tantrum, and Curren seems to have reflux, but I can only imagine things will get better. Right?

1 comment:

Tracy Robinson said...

i'm so sorry,but i am laughing so hard at the picture of you with a newborn and dog diareah all over the carpet. i am just imagining how awesome your reaction must have been!