The results are in from the doctor yesterday. He seems to have a bit of reflux, but mostly she thinks it's a milk protein allergy. Coincidentally, he was eating when I got there so she could watch him and listen to his tummy right after he ate. The fact that it was all gurgly the second the milk hit it is a telltale sign of milk allergy. Soooo, no more milk for me as long as I am breast-feeding (which I would like to do for 6 months at least). That sucks. And not just milk, but all dairy. No butter, cream cheese, cheese, etc. I've been doing it for a few days and it's harder than it sounds, especially when you love dairy like I do! Kind of ironic that he has this allergy, given that his sister lives on dairy!
If he's not better in a week, then we'll treat him with some Zantac or Prevacid to help with the reflux as well. This poor baby is a wreck! But the good news is that he weighed in at a whopping 9lbs 6oz (with clothes on). That puts him in the 75th percentile for weight among little boys his age! Not bad for a little baby who was induced b/c he stopped growing and was only in the 10th percentile at birth. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment