Curren came with Scott and I on our first post-pregnancy date night on Friday. We went to McCormick and Schmick's for a nice dinner, which he courteously slept through until the end when Scott gave him the bottle I brought along. It was nice to dress up and have a glass of wine (or two!) without chasing Abbey around (she was home with her babysitter and didn't seem to mind at all that Curren got to come and she didn't!).
Talking about our dinner has reminded me of something...I am a total idiot when it comes to eliminating dairy from my diet. Ummm, butter and cheese are dairy Alicia! Ok, I'm smart enough not to put butter on my toast or eat a piece of cheese, however, I totally blanked and wolfed down sourdough bread and butter before dinner, and really enjoyed the parmesan on my salad. Doh! Need to work on that.
As for Curren and his dairy allergy...we were back at the doctor yesterday and she prescribed some Prevacid b/c she thinks he has reflux and a milk allergy. He also has a bit of the cold that the rest of our family has come down with (thank you preschool germs!).
In other news...myy latest new obsession is the sling. For any of you with an infant...this thing is a true Godsend. You can wander around the house, make phone calls and chase your older children all while "wearing" your infant. The best part? Babies love it and it puts them to sleep! There are some drawbacks to the sling, however. Don't try to eat anything while wearing it or your baby will be wearing your meal too. Last week I got crumbs all over Curren and later found a piece of corn stuck to his cheek! Nice. Still, I highly recommend it. In fact, I currently have three of them and am trying to decide which I like best. This is ridiculous, I know.
Lastly, I'll leave you all with some funny things that Abbey has said lately. I took her to the grocery store the other day and let her ride in one of those annoying carts that looks like a car. I cringe just thinking of the germs that ride around in that thing, but I pick my battles. Anyway, apparently Scott and I are quite the aggressive drivers and it has worn off on Abs, as she was honking the horn and yelling "out of my way cars" and, my personal favorite "are you kidding me?" Note to self: tone it down in the car.
Even better, she had brought along her baby doll and was breast-feeding it in the little car. As if that weren't enough, she was practically yelling "drink milk from my boobies!" Oh yeah (just in case you're wondering, I don't say that at home when Curren eats!). She also says "time to snatch off and switch to the other side" when feeding her dollies. Again, not sure about the terminology, but it's pretty funny. Just not at the grocery store.
2 comments:
LOVE IT!!!
NICE abs... you've got your mom's SPUNK!!!
Post a Comment