Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Kids...What Else!?




I'm shocked, but Abbey actually loved the sparklers our friends' brought over on July 4th. I thought she would be afraid of them (like her chicken mommy!). She must have run around with no less than 20 of them and had SO much fun. I just hope she doesn't take to liking fire like her dad...and burning trash in the chimmnea. (Oh wait, that should probably remain our dirty little secret.)

I'm also convinced that Abs is 4 going on 14. Here are some of the recent conversations in our home:

Me (painting Abbey's nails): Don't touch them! They're still wet!

Abbey: No they're not.

Me: Of course they are. I know what I'm talking about.

Abbey: Well I know the truth, mommy. And that is that my nails are NOT wet. You can lie, but I know the truth.

What?!?!

And here's another favorite...

Me (on the way home from school): How was your day?

Abbey: It was good, but Colby got mad at me.

Me: Really? Why?

Abbey: Well, he wants me to be his girlfriend, but I have lots of other boyfriends. And he doesn't like that. (Please note that she's playing with her hair as she's telling me this.)

Me: I thought Colby was Katie's boyfriend. (I cannot believe I play into these conversations and keep track of this stuff! Says something about my life...)

Abbey: Well, she was, but she got mad and hit him today, so they're not together anymore.

For real...I am not looking forward to middle and high school!

Now Curren, his life is much more simple. Milk, sleep and diapers. It would be great if he would nap for more than 25 minutes at a time, but such is life. He learned from his older sister I guess. However, he seems to be a good little night-time sleeper. And he is SO stinkin' cute that we forgive him. Those dimples! Those cute little blueberry eyes! Ahhh. If it weren't for pregnancy and labor, I'd think of having another one just like him. :)

No comments: