Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We have a Mama's Boy!

Curren is a total Mama's boy. I'll pretend like it bothers me for the sake of good parenting, but secretly I like it. :) As long as he outgrows it before college, I think it's fine.

The good news is that he can now SAY "mama" in addition to just crying and reaching for me. The bad news is that he only says it when he is crying. "Muh-muh-muh-muh." Even Abbey commented that he only says my name when he is upset. The funny thing is that she did the exact same thing as a baby. Hmmm...

Here are the most recent Curren stats: 20.2 lbs, 28 inches, 2 words (mama and dada--although not with any regularity), 2 bottom teeth. He is either currently working on getting more teeth or is sprouting devil horns b/c he's been a bear lately. Good thing he's cute.

Abbey is a riot as always. Halloween should be interesting, given that she comes up with a different costume every. single. day. The latest options are witch, Princess Leia, girl from the Nutcracker Ballet, and Barbie and the Diamond Castle. I'm getting a little nervous, as I need to order something stat!

I'll leave you all with a little story from last week. I try not to include potty humor on the blog, but this is too funny to leave out. I walked into Curren's room the other day and found Abbey playing in there and a horrible stench in the air. Seriously, it was so bad that I gagged. I'm pretty sure I saw a tear in Curren's eye too. So I said "Abbey! How can such a sweet little bootie make such a horrible smell?" To which she replied (while pointing at her butt) "I don't know mom, I guess it's just getting warmed up and ready to start the day!" Nice.

More posts to come with updated pics. I have to get Tooty out of the tub. :)

2 comments:

Alicia's Mom said...

OMG I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!

Alicia's Mom said...

Your priorities are DEFINATELY in place, my darling... It DOES sound like heaven!!!