

Why do I say weird things to my kid (Abbey?). Probably b/c my parents (ahem, MOM) did the same thing to me. I get some perverse joy out of playing tricks on my child. Luckily, so does my husband. For example:
--Abbey was rubbing her eyes and heard a popping sound. You and I know that sound, and b/c we are adults, we also know it's no big deal. However, Abbey is a child, so she looked at me and asked what the weird sound coming from her eye was. Without missing a beat, I replied in a serious tone that it usually makes that sound right before your eyeball falls out.
--After a long flight this summer from Austin to Miami, Abbey was thrilled to finally be landing...at which point I said "Ahhh, back in Austin." Hah! I wish you could have seen her face! Priceless.
--Abbey was chewing on the tip of a pencil eraser the other night. Scott and I thought she had swallowed it, so I told her not to chew on that stuff anymore, b/c the next time she tooted it would fly out and hit someone in the eye.
--Scott has told her several times that there is a bug in her nose that will bite her finger off if she goes mining for boogers.
--Scott also elicited many tears by telling Abbey that she would get "sidewalk mouth" by eating things off the ground (yes, my child does this). When she asked what sidewalk mouth was, her loving father told her that her tongue would turn to stone.
So, I'm not alone. The good news is that she bounces back quickly and now says "you're tricking me!" The bad news is that when I tell her something true (don't eat foil, wax, etc.), she doesn't believe me. Oh well. Small price to pay!
Curren is doing great...no wonder...he is still too young for his parents to mess with his mind. I love the above 2 pictures of him. Especially Curren and his daddy on the guitar. It also appears that he will be a lefty, as he grabs for things with his left hand 99% of the time. We always say that we won't push him to play baseball just b/c his dad did, but the thought of having a lefty pitcher support us in our old age is mighty nice!
1 comment:
Ahhh, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Alicia! Tho it seems Abbey is catching on faster than YOU did. YOU were in college when you said, "Wait a minute, I don't know why I even ask you!" xoxo I laughed out loud at these stories tho! xoxox
Post a Comment