Monday, May 3, 2010

Developmental Leap!








In the past week, Abbey has learned to ride a bike and sleeps without a diaper. She has also learned to swing herself in the last few weeks. (Praise the Lord!). She says she is doing all of this b/c she is nearly 5, and we believe her! When that kid sets her mind to something, look out. There is no stopping her! This is the same child that potty trained herself in one weekend and taught herself to swim the day after her birthday b/c "I'm four now." Speaking of, I cannot believe that I am registering her for KINDERGARTEN tomorrow! Wasn't I just pregnant with her?

Here's a funny story Abbey told me today: "Mom, have you heard the legend of the love baby? There is a baby that flies around in a diaper and carries one of those plunger things...a clean one, not one with poop on it. And he sticks it on people's butts and they fall in love." LOL! I am pretty sure she was talking about Cupid, but that is one for the baby book for sure. I do keep a book filled with just the funny things she says...it's getting pretty thick already!

And speaking of love...I also uploaded a picture above of Abbey and Scott before their annual Daddy/Daughter date (which is a dance that benefits a local charity. It's adorable).

Curren just got his first haircut (photo above). He cried when it was over. He is my child after all...I LOVE a good haircut! But he looks so grown up now, sniff sniff.

No comments: