
I wish I had some cute birthday photos to post, but our sweet Abbey was sick as a dog on her 5th birthday. She started running a fever the day before her birthday and spent her actual birthday with a 103-degree fever and vomiting. But she really didn't complain! And the bonus is that when you are sick AND it's your birthday, then you REALLY get spoiled. :)
I cannot believe my girl is FIVE! At five years old, my girl is
--As feisty and independent as ever. If it's not her idea, it ain't happening.
--Can swing, swim like a fish and ride a bike.
--Can write and type her name, as well as a few other sight words. She can pick out the word "Disney" or "Princess" anywhere!
--Wants to be a Musketeer when she grows up, just like Barbie (apparently that is one of Barbie's 157 careers).
--Still loves her princesses, but likes Barbie better "because she's for big kids like me."
--Has an amazing vocabulary. She regularly uses the words "inappropriate, unacceptable and old-school" in context. She is always asking for the definitions of words and loves to read.
--Is a wonderful eater. Thank heavens, b/c I know a lot of parents struggle with this. Not us! Abbey even loves Brussels Sprouts. In her words: "I crush them, mom."
--Does NOT like to be teased. It's going to be a long life for her in this family. :)
--Is the world's best big sister. It's a good thing Curren doesn't know the concept of personal space, b/c he doesn't have any!!
No comments:
Post a Comment