





Our trip to Florida was great. The kids and I spent 8 days in Miami with my family and then met Scott for 3 days in Orlando (he had a conference there). I'm swamped with work and have a deadline for the Junior League newsletter, so I'm going to recap the trip in bullets (and without my usual wit, haha).
--We missed our outgoing flight by a whole day. Mom of the year had her dates mixed up. Note to friends: never miss a flight on Jet Blue. They don't cut you much slack. I ended up paying over $500 to get new tickets.
--I couldn't get 3 seats together on the way out, so we were 2 together and 1 a row in front. Nobody would switch with us (grrr), so Abbey insisted that she sit with Curren and I sat alone in front of them. She was great! She fed him lunch and played with him while I watched Young & the Restless (why am I admitting this to you all?!?)
--We spent most of our time in Miami at the beach and pool. Abs is totally waterlogged and doesn't want to swim for the rest of the summer I think. Curren could swim everyday and still be happy. He is totally fearless and will go underwater alone or crawl out to sea if you don't watch him! He is our future Michael Phelps (minus the pot scandal).
--Disney was great. We spent one day just chilling at the resort since it had a fabulous pool and lots of activities. We rode the 4-person-bike, which my cousin Carrie and I decided was too much work. The kids loved it though.
--We spent one whole day at the Magic Kingdom (6 hours in the heat and humidity) while Curren and Scott stayed at the resort. Then we came back, showered and returned to the park to have dinner in the castle. It was awesome! All of the princesses were in attendance and came to our table for autographs and pictures. Plus, our reservation was late, so we were able to watch the 10pm fireworks from inside the castle. Totally worth it.
--Abbey decided that her favorite part was the Electrical Light parade, which was at 11pm. The Prince Charming float stopped right in front of us and he asked Abbey if the slipper would fit her. It was adorable and we had GREAT seats right on the curb in front of everything.
--On the way back to the car, Abbey got to speak into the mike on the tram and tell the driver that it was "all clear to go." It was cute. She also enjoyed taking the ferry back to the car (although she called it a cruise ship several times...we need to get out more!).
--My mom was on a mission to get Curren walking. Yes, he is almost 16 months and still not walking, but he's close! She spent so much time working on it that he now stands alone and has taken a few steps. She also taught Abbey to help him walk. We often hear her saying "and we're walkin'" as she helps him around the house. Amazingly, he doesn't get tired of her.
Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment