Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gone But Not Forgotten...

My poor little blog...you have been so neglected lately. It's not that I don't think about posting; it's just that I have so little time. And what little time I do have, well, I'd usually rather spend it sleeping. If you have kids, I'm sure you understand.

KINDERGARTEN
The good news is that Abbey started kindergarten last week and she loves it. Her teacher is wonderful. Abbey says she's "beautiful and nice" and we like her b/c she has over 20 years of experience and 3 kids of her own. There's very little she hasn't seen, and she is great at communicating with nervous first time parents. :) Even better, they are the only kindergarten class with a class pet: Dusty the Chinchilla. We hear numerous stories about Dusty and his adventures (he bathes in volcanic ash!).

RECENT ABBEY-ISMS
Abbey says some funny stuff. To wit, here's what we've heard lately:

Scott recently asked Abbey what she would watch if she could only watch one show for the rest of her life. Her answer? Young & the Restless. Nice. I swear I do fun stuff with the kids...I don't just sit around all day eating bon-bons and watching Y&R. Ok, I do that for one hour of the day, but that's it!

Abbey also told me the other day that she is "full of ideas." She said she wonders what she and Gooey (Curren) will look like when they grow up; she wonders what Shabbir (her boyfriend) will look like when he grows up; she wonders how crayons write; and why clouds don't do anything but float around and make rain; and how dogs bark and people talk. I thought it was very cute.

CURREN
Our little boy is finally walking! He got really got at this while we were in Oregon and is now climbing up and down the stairs and running from us. If I could just get him to nap, he would be perfect. He is a happy and charming baby, and people regularly stop me to tell me how cute he is (seriously, at least 3 to 4 times a week.) These same people usually follow up with "is he yours?" Presumably they are asking b/c he has white-blonde hair and big blue eyes; not b/c he is adorable and I am not. :)

No comments: