


Halloween was awesome, as usual. For the past few years, we have attended the block party of our friends Jen and Christine. It's always a great time, complete with keg, potluck and college football. This year's party did not disappoint. Plus, it was held on Saturday, so the kids got an extra wear out of their costumes. As a parent who spends mucho dinero on costumes, that's a welcome bonus!
On Sunday (Halloween), I dressed as Princess Leia and Curren was my little Yoda. Pretty funny since I have never even seen a whole Star Wars and do not intend to. Curren was a-freaking-dorable for the 20 minutes that he was awake and really got into the whole candy-getting thing. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any concept of personal space yet and tried to actually enter all of the houses we visited. Note to self: Do not let that guy out alone!
Abbey dressed as a go-go dancer. I have to hand it to my girl...she always comes up with original costumes. This year's requirement was a costume that had tall white boots. Sigh. I'd say that I don't know where she gets it from, but I was a go-go dancer in my 20's for more than one Halloween (and so was her grandmother I believe), so I guess she comes by it naturally. In any case, she was adorable.
Perhaps the best part of the weekend was that my cousin Carrie came in for the weekend. Both kids adore her, although Curren seemed a little confused at this lady who looked so much like his mommy. As always, Carrie got totally into Halloween and dressed as the Evil Queen from Snow White. She and I were the only adults in our group dressed up, and I admit that I probably wouldn't have dressed up either if it weren't for her. But it was great fun and will hopefully provide great memories for my kids. Plus, she brought me FIVE POUNDS of fresh stone crabs on the plane. I almost cried. Christmas came early. :)
Lastly, I included a picture of Scott and I from our recent trip to the Ritz Carlton in Cancun (pretty sure the folks at American Express will be laughing when they get that bill!). We had the best time. Well, I had the best time. Scott worked quite a bit, but I worked out, lounged by the pool, and enjoyed several long dinners with my handsome husband. All in all, not a bad trip. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment